[Samba] Problem with "kerberos method = secrets and keytab"

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Wed Feb 11 08:39:44 MST 2015

Hi,

I'm using the smb.conf from
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server
to add a member server as file server to the domain.

If I'm using the original smb.conf with "kerberos method = secrets and
keytab", I'm not able to see any share on a Windows Client in the domain. If I
use the default "kerberos method = secrets" everything works.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

And can someone tell me, why there is a "dedicated keytab file =
/etc/krb5.keytab" in the smb.conf. I read that the system keytab is used if
"kerberos method = secrets and keytab" was chosen?

--
Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe