[Samba] Samba 4.2.0rc4 fails to start up

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Wed Feb 11 08:04:03 MST 2015

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:13:42AM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 08:59:21PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > > Ah ok - I expected as much. snprintf seems to be
> > > broken in that it's returning -1.
> > >
> > > Is this our snprintf or one from Solaris ? Can
> > > you try and track down why it's returning -1 ?
> >
> > Maybe Solaris' snprintf does not know about the %j modifier?
>
> Crap... Probably our own libreplace snprintf version does
> not do it....
>
> Volker

You guys sure work at odd hours.

I should have mentioned that when I put in the DEBUG lines I had to
not include the %j modifier as the DEBUG produces no output when it is
there.

I just tried removing the j from the snprintf line leaving %u and now
the value of unique_len is comming out apparently correctly.

The largest value of unique that I have seen is 4125756149 and the
largest value of unique_len is 11.

The Solaris man page for snprintf claims that the %j modifier should
work.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com