[Samba] Domain users can't browse or access shares

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:11:24 MST 2015

On 09/02/15 15:36, sk at green.no wrote:
>> From: Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
>> To: samba at lists.samba.org
>> Date: 09.02.2015 16:09
>
>> OK, Does 'getent passwd sktest' show anything ?
>>
>> I am willing to bet it doesn't.
> You're bet is correct, wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g give expected results
> though.

OK, as I thought, your smb.conf is setup to use the winbind 'ad' backend
and I am willing to lay another bet with you, you based some of the
changes on the samba wiki, if so, did you read what is written under the
sample smb.conf ?

Thought not, you need to have the users unix attributes in AD before the
'ad' backend will work and as you are using a windows server, it will
also need to have 'IDMU' installed.

If you will only have windows users connecting to your member server,
then change

         idmap config GREENREEFERS:backend = ad
         idmap config GREENREEFERS:schema_mode = rfc2307
         idmap config GREENREEFERS:range=10000-99999

         idmap config GREENREEFERS:backend = rid
         idmap config GREENREEFERS:range=10000-99999

Rowland