[Samba] Domain users can't browse or access shares

sk at green.no sk at green.no
Mon Feb 9 07:56:38 MST 2015

Dear mail list,

I have a Ubuntu server which I upgraded from 11.10 to current LTS 14.4
running kernel: Linux bgo-nfs01 3.13.0-44-generic #73-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec
16 00:22:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.
Filename: pool/main/s/samba/samba_4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2_amd64.deb

At the same time the purpose was changed from NFS with Samba for limited
amount of users to NFS and SAMBA with file shares served to some domain
groups
Active directory is running on 2 Win2008R8 in 2 different sites. The
ubuntu server is joined to the domain as domain member server.
I can only browse shares with users that have smbpasswd in BUILTIN on the
server.

Error when trying smbclient from different computer

sk at bgo-vm-101:~$ smbclient -L bgo-nfs01 -U GREENREEFERS\\sktest
Enter GREENREEFERS\sktest's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Result from remote computer with user that have local smbpasswd:
sk at bgo-vm-101:~$ smbclient -L bgo-nfs01 -U GREENREEFERS\\sk
Enter GREENREEFERS\sk's password:
Domain=[GREENREEFERS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        vmware-nfs      Disk      nfs data storage for vmware
        old_mail        Disk      storage for mail files from old users
        old_files       Disk      storage for old server files
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (bgo-nfs01 server)
Domain=[GREENREEFERS] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        BGO-NFS01            bgo-nfs01 server
        CONTROL

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        GREENREEFERS         CONTROL

smb.conf is in below pastebin url:
http://pastebin.com/qsVNngKy

Testparm seems OK and I can't identify anything helpful for me in logs, I
usually fixes Linux related issues myself, but now I am lost.

Best regards
Sigbjørn Kjetland
IT Manager

Ph: +47 55 36 25 84 | Mob: +47 91 87 63 79 | sk at greenreefers.com
Caiano Shipping III AS|Bradbenken 1 | 5003 Bergen, NORWAY |
www.greenreefers.com