[Samba] Did you get my previous email? Not Spam.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:33:43 MST 2015

On 09/02/15 06:29, Jason Long wrote:
> Thanks.
> I added the Two lines to "smb.conf" but I got below error :
>
> Could not chdir to home directory /home/jason: No such file or directory
> mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/home/jason’: Permission denied
> -sh-4.2$
>

> About "PAM", I have not the file that you said :
>

> [root at printmah ~]# nano /etc/pam.d/
> atd                  password-auth        smtp
> chfn                 password-auth-ac     smtp.postfix
> chsh                 polkit-1             sshd
> config-util          postlogin            su
> crond                postlogin-ac         sudo
> cups                 ppp                  sudo-i
> fingerprint-auth     remote               su-l
> fingerprint-auth-ac  runuser              system-auth
> ksu                  runuser-l            system-auth-ac
> login                setup                systemd-user
> other                smartcard-auth       vlock
> passwd               smartcard-auth-ac    wbem
>

> What is your idea?
>
> Tnx.
>

> On Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:49 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/15 06:51, Jason Long wrote:
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> [root at printmah ~]# getent passwd jason
>> jason:*:11303:10513:jason JASON:/home/JASONDOMAIN/jason:/bin/false
>>
>> But I can't login to Linux via AD username and it show me :
>>

>> Last login: Sun Feb  8 01:48:32 2015
>> Could not chdir to home directory /home/JASONDOMAIN/jason: No such file or directory
>>

>> I guess it can't create a Home directory for Each AD user. How can I solve it?
>>

>> Cheers.
> You actually have a few problems there and you can fix them this way.
>
> Add this to smb.conf:
>
> template shell = /bin/sh
> template homedir = /home/%U
>
> restart samba
>
> Add this to /etc/pam.d/common-account:
>
> session    required   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022
>
> and you should be able to login
>

> Rowland

I use Debian, Debian has pam_mkhomedir and this will create your users
homedirs as they login, I think that because you are using Centos it may
be called something else, yes I am right, a quick google found this:

https://frednotes.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/auto-creation-of-user-home-directories-in-centosrhel-6/

Rowland