[Samba] Problems with 2 DCs.

Jean-François Morcillo jfmorcillo at mandriva.com
Wed Feb 4 09:51:24 MST 2015

Hello,

I've set up 2 DCs.
The first as been set up using the command:
samba-tool domain provision …
The second, using the command:
samba-tool domain join <realm> DC…

As far as command return status say the commands went well.
Using only the first DC, I can add windows client to the domain, I can
manage users, everything seems to be ok.

When adding the second DC, users database is correctly replicated from
the first to the second DC.

Troubles come into the place when I try to create a user on the 2nd DC,
I get the following error message:
samba-tool user create usr1 usr1
ERROR(ldb): Failed to add user 'usr1':  -
../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/ridalloc.c:547: No RID Set DN - Remote
RID Set creation needed

More over, new users created on the first DC are never synced to the
second one.

I've tested different things found in the ml and the wiki without luck,
so I'm coming back to you.

Please, feel free to ask if you need more information to help me.

Regards,

--
- no title specified
Jean-François