[Samba] acl_xattr.so

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:43:38 MST 2015

On 03/02/15 00:12, jimc wrote:
> HI. village idiot here.
>
> I have tried to set up Samba4 servers on several distros that have it
> preinstalled. this week. Mint, OpenSuse, and Ubuntu server all fail
> during domain provisioning with the message 'error loading
> ...acl_xattr.so: cannot open...No such file or directory.
>
> I have changed etc/fstab to include user_xattr and acl.
>
> What in the wild, wild world of sports is going on?

Do you think that you could give us a bit more info ?

As I pointed out earlier, if you are using ext4, you do not need to
change /etc/fstab

I can confirm that samba4 works on Mint17 (& therefore Ubuntu 14.04),
but you are giving us so little info to go on, just how are you
installing samba4, are you installing the acl, attr & samba-vfs-modules
packages ?

Rowland