[Samba] DC01 & DC02 differences?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Feb 3 00:46:29 MST 2015

Hai Bob,

On my servers, both DC1 and DC2,
i see..

 PAM profiles to enable:                                                                                                                                                                                ?
  ?     [*] Kerberos authentication                                                                                                                                                                         ?
  ?     [*] Unix authentication
                                                                                                                                                               ?
and wbinfo works ok..
wbinfo -u
Administrator
Guest
.... etc ..

Yes, both do winbind request, but...
I do login only with 1 user on my servers on linux.
This is a separated user. samba handles only the windows request..
I keep this separated for security..
No windows user can login for example with ssh on my DC's... its just not allowed.
For the i do create a "Maintainence user"
But on the member servers i do enable this, there its allowed for some windows users to login with ssh.

This all is for the safety on my DC's.

Greetz,

Louis