[Samba] Windows users can't change password 4.1.6

Michał Półrolniczak michal.polrolniczak at warp.org.pl
Mon Feb 2 04:25:46 MST 2015

the smb.conf for samba 4.1.6-Ubuntu
[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
         netbios name = ubuntu
         dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         #log level = 3

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/domain.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No
This is the config for samba.

Everything was fine till some people report that can't change password..

Oh the config for secondary (backup) AD domain controller look same,
only netbios name is different.
The sysvol is replicationg via rsync like the wiki suggest.