[Samba] Did you get my previous email? Not Spam.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 06:46:05 MST 2015

On 01/02/15 13:27, Jason Long wrote:
> I used "kinit user" and "wbinfo -u" or "wbinfo -g".

None of those commands will tell you if your users & groups have a
'uidNumber' or 'gidNumber', they will only tell you what domain users &
groups exist and if the user has a kerberos ticket.

Go to a windows machine that is joined to the domain and has RSAT
installed, log into the machine as the domain Administrator. Open ADUC
and select the user 'jason', right click on the user, select Properties
and then select the 'UNIX-Attributes' tab, this should confirm whether
or not 'jason' has a 'uidNumber'.

Rowland