[Samba] How to switch from internal DNS to Bind

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 31 15:46:08 UTC 2015

Am 31.12.2015 um 16:31 schrieb James:
> I'm going to update my distro and see what happens

nothing else when you deal with your self built binaries

> 12.04 seems to treat /var/run as a sysmlink.
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Dec 31 10:06 /var/run -> /run

that's normal, the main question is if it's enough to create /run/named
with the correct permissions once or if it needs to be done before the
service at every boot (in case it's a tmpfs)

[root at local:~]$ mount | grep /run
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)