[Samba] Getting Started

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Dec 31 14:04:01 UTC 2015

Hi Saurabh,

Strange that nobody seemed to have replied to your question.

Anyway: if I were a programmer I would have tried to add functionality
to the logging part of samba:

- we very much miss detailed information on failed authentication
attempts on our DC's.

A failed auth attempt on a samba DC is logged with no details at all,
like. The most valuale one would be:

- coming-from ip address

Sadly I cannot add this myself, but since you ARE a c programmer, and
asked for things you could add to samba...: This addition would be _very
much_ welcomed by us.

Another thing was written by Andrew Bartlett, today on this list: