[Samba] Was not found in the schema 'msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes'

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Dec 29 19:34:16 UTC 2015

On 29/12/15 18:26, Carlos A. P. Cunha wrote:
> Performed and output were all like that, no list in the attribute
>
> # record 1
> dn: CN=001-PLAT-01,CN=Computers,DC=interno,DC=mydoainDC=com,DC=br
>
> # record 2
> dn: CN=001-COMPRAS-15,CN=Computers,DC=interno,DC=mydomain,DC=com,DC=br
>
> # record 3
> dn:
> CN=RECEBIMENTO-1,OU=Computers_Locked,OU=Erechim,OU=Sonda,DC=interno,DC=mydomain,DC=com,DC=br

OK, I was expecting something like this:

dn: CN=DC1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes: 31

For every DC & computer in your domain.

I think your problem has occurred because you started with a windows
2003 DC, see here for info on this attribute:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/openspecification/archive/2009/09/12/msds-supportedencryptiontypes-episode-1-computer-accounts.aspx?Redirected=true

You could try adding it to each computer and see how you go on.

Rowland
Rowland