[Samba] permission problems trying to access subdirectories of a samba share

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Tue Dec 29 13:59:44 UTC 2015

Hi.  I am having problems accessing subdirectories on a samba share.  I
am using windows 10 build 10586 and linux kernel 4.1.15-gentoo and samba
4.2.7. I have two shares, one called audio and the other called
myshare.  I cannot access the subdirectories in the myshare share.  Here
are the definitions.
[myshare]
comment = root directory
path = /
#fake oplocks = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0765
[audio]
comment = audio directory
path = /audio
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0765

In windows, I access myshare using the root username and password, in
audio I access using the user name covici and its password.  The audio
share works fine, the myshare windows cannot access any subdirectory.  I
either get the handle is invalid or a message saying I have permission
problems.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?