[Samba] restoring roaming profiles

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Wed Dec 23 17:23:06 UTC 2015

On 23/12/15 03:27 AM, Rowland penny wrote:
> On 22/12/15 23:51, Gary Dale wrote:
>> On 22/12/15 12:25 AM, Gary Dale wrote:
>>> I'm running Version 4.1.17-Debian as a DC on a Debian/Jessie AMD64
>>> system.
>>>
>>> After rebuilding a domain with slightly different settings, roaming
>>> profiles stopped working.
>
> I suppose the questions are, why did you rebuild the domain, what
> settings did you change and did you re-provision.
>
> Rowland

The original setting for domain name was creating problems with ACLs. I
changed the domain name to the form <domain>.<myinternetdomain>.<mytld>
and that fixed it.

The current issue is just with getting roaming profiles to work without
having to do so much work. The wiki's procedure does work but it's time
consuming.