[Samba] samba4 schema for openldap

Таболин Юрий tabolin at speechpro.com
Thu Dec 17 19:25:19 UTC 2015

17.12.2015 0:28, Nigel W пишет:
> Assuming the DNS for the site is setup correctly, the srv records should be
> evenly spreading the load among the servers on the site that the client is
> on.
>
> With Windows based domain the answer to this question is either fix your
> ldap client to use the SRV records and not use only the DC with the PDC
> Emulator role, or add more DCs to the site.  I would assume the answer is
> the same for a Samba domain.
>
> Though I would be interested in understanding how the OP came to the
> conclusion that they need to cache the LDAP queries.
>
> Thanks,

I have many services which use only ldap for authentication. There I
must specify only A dns records of my ldap DC servers. In times of peak
load DCs can't handle the load. Openldap proxy allows to cache simple
requests and reduce load to DCs.

For example the ldap search filter
(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=<username>)). Measured in apache jmeter:

openldap - 1075.8 requests/sec

samba ldap - 30.3 req/sec

openldap proxy to samba (from cache) – 391.6 req/sec