[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:08:30 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 10:40 AM, Ole Traupe wrote:

>> I just disabled my DC that is listed as SOA in a production
>> environment.  I'm using the internal DNS. I have 6 DC's in total
>> across 3 sites. Around 200+ users and 140+ workstations. Everything
>> appears to be working as normal aside from my monitoring tools going
>> crazy. No issues so far. I am not authenticating local users to my
>> member server however.
>
> What exactly do you mean by that last sentence?
>

>> I will monitor for a awhile and see if anything creeps up or I start
>> to get phone calls..
>>

> Thanks for the feedback!

Took about an an hour but issues starting happening. Windows
workstations would spin on the welcome screen and not log in. Shares on
a member server were inaccessible to users. Started the DC and
everything came back up.

Sorry for my last sentence.  I am not authenticating users who log in
locally against AD for my domain member server.

--
-James