[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 17 13:32:19 UTC 2015

On 17/12/15 12:50, Ole Traupe wrote:

> I somehow doubt that. Still it seems that no one here has an idea of
> why log-on from member servers isn't working properly (for me).
> However, in the meantime I have created all the necessary DNS records.
> This can't be the issue anymore.

If you are sure that you now have all the dns records for both DCs in
AD, then I would agree that this is probably not the issue (there is
just the 0.1% chance you are still missing something)

Can your domain members find the DCs ?
Do your domain members have a FQDN ?
Are they joined to the domain ?
What have got in smb.conf on the domain members ?

You may have posted all or some of this before, but lets start again.

Rowland