[Samba] Pam-logon failure for AD users

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 17 10:32:49 UTC 2015

On 17/12/15 06:58, VigneshDhanraj G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I complied samba from source and i am using pam from debian. But, i
> confused why pam uses pam_auth_crap instead of pam_auth.
>
> may i know the basic difference between pam_auth and pam_auth_crap.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vigneshdhanraj G

When you find out, please let me know :-D     or putting it another way,
I do not know, never heard of it until you mentioned it.

If you are using a self compiled version of Samba and you haven't
created the libnss_winbind links, this may be your problem, but until
you tell us what 'pam-auth-update' says you are using, we will not know.

Rowland