[Samba] How can I change the localSID for a SAMBA Server?

Byron Bogaert bbogaert at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 17 02:19:58 UTC 2015

Hi Marc,

I tried using Samba version 4.3 without much success. I still was not able
to control what the local sid of the machine was.

To install 4.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I needed to use the following ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~bnd-acc/+archive/ubuntu/samba43

I also tried changing to the smb.conf to "SERVER ROLE = CLASSIC PRIMARY
DOMAIN CONTROLLER on my 4.1.6 and 4.3 version. This also did not help me
control what the local sid was.

I feel like I'm some important fundamental elements of how the domain sid,
and local sid are created, used and modified. Perhaps you or someone here
can elaborate on this?

Thanks,

--
*Byron Bogaert*