[Samba] Samba 4.0.21 and Windows 10

Nico nicolas.boisse at univ-lemans.fr
Tue Dec 15 12:49:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've got a problem with Windows 10 Education (last build) and my Samba PDC
(under Fedora).
All machines with Windows 7 can join domain successfully. But with Windows
10, I've got "network path not found" error.
I've changed all registry keys that we need to change, but no way
(DomainCompatibilityMode,
DNSNameResolutionRequired, AllowInsecureGuestAuth)

My PDC is in NT4 style domain mode. No Active Directory. I've searched with
Wireshark any trace of a problem, and I could see that Windows 10 send some
LDAP requests to my PDC when I try to join it in the domain. As if he wanted
to connect to a PDC with an AD.
I don't want upgrade my PDC to Samba AD because I'm not ready to do this. Is
there a solution to configure W10 to join a Samba NT4 style domain ?

Thanks in advance.

(sorry for my english, I'm French)