[Samba] The case of the disconnecting network shares

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Tue Dec 15 05:07:55 UTC 2015

Hi Jeremy,

No, I don't mean "deadtime". I mean auto disconnect. Specifically, the
command "net config server /autodisconnect:-1" was run on each client
machine. If deadtime is a server configuration item perhaps you could
point me in the direction of some documentation where that is covered.
The documentation for smb.conf is, to put it very mildly, incomplete.

Wireshark would be impractical in this case because I can't predict when
the disconnects will occur, or even if they will occur for any given
client, and this is a very busy file server, even during the night.
Therefore, the logs would be far too immense to be useful without first
knowing exactly what event(s) I'm looking for.

regards,
John