[Samba] Windows 7 can't see Pi Samba server

DavidA dandbnews2 at talktalk.net
Sun Dec 13 09:36:14 UTC 2015

Hi

Here's some more info about my problem:

log.nmbd contains:

  Samba name server RPHS is now a local master browser for workgroup HOME on
subnet 192.168.2.8

  *****
[2015/12/12 20:48:19.709456,  0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:354(find_domain_master_name_query_fail)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name HOME<1b> for the workgroup
HOME.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
[2015/12/12 20:48:28.490472,  0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_incomingdgrams.c:311(process_local_master_announce)
  process_local_master_announce: Server BELSIE-PC at IP 192.168.2.5 is
announcing itself as a local master browser for workgroup HOME and we think
we are master. Forcing election.
[2015/12/12 20:48:28.491628,  0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:150(unbecome_local_master_success)
  *****

  Samba name server RPHS has stopped being a local master browser for
workgroup HOME on subnet 192.168.2.8

RPHS is the rpi. BELSIE-PC is the pc which does not show the rpi.

The Domain Master Browser seems to change frequently. Is this significant?

Best regards

David