[Samba] Samba-4 DNS issue

Alan Hughes alanhughes at e2eservices.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 13:00:10 UTC 2015

Folks

I've managed (due to me being fat-fingered that morning) to get a DNS zone in a Samba-4 DNS setup screwed up.

Basically I was trying to add a new A record to an internal domain "e2eservices.co.uk" using the MS administration tools (not the samba-tool CLI). However instead of adding the entry "styx" to the domain, I accidently added "styx.e2eservices.co.uk"; this basically generated a child entry called "uk" under the "e2eservices.co.uk" zone that appears to replicate all entries that where originally in the zone (so for example I now have "styx.e2eservices.co.uk.e2eservices.co.uk", "foobar.e2eservices.co.uk.e2eservices.co.uk", etc.

I'd rather lke to clean this up by deleting all of the records under "e2eservices.co.uk.e2eservices.co.uk"(including the child entries rooted at "uk.e2eservices.co.uk") without deleting any records under "e2eservices.co.uk" but cannot work out how to do this. I guess if absolutely necessary I could drop the domain and recreate it, but I'd prefer not to do this if at all possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

Alan

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete the email from your system.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore e2E Services Ltd does not accept any liability for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of e2E Services Ltd.

Although this email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses, the success of scanning products is not guaranteed.  The recipient(s) should therefore carry out any checks that they believe to be appropriate in this respect.

e2E Services Ltd. is a limited company registered in the UK, No. 3878701. Registered Office: e2E Services Ltd, George Court, Bartholomews Walk,  Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4JW