[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 10 14:29:18 UTC 2015

> Possibly, but can you try this on your second DC, run 'samba_dnsupdate
> --verbose'
>
> Rowland

Yeah, should fix it.
But do run it on both your dc.s
And compair the output a bit.

For example,  look at the first five lines.
Per server diffent.

Looking for DNS entry SRV _ldap._tcp.xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xx.domain._msdcs.domain
Should give 2 server on both outputs.

After you did this on both servers, reboot the PRIMARY DC, when up, reboot the second DC.

Check again with : host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.YOURDOMAIN.TLD

And in reply to...

> Walk throug the _msdcs for what your missing.
> I guest, all the second DC entries.

Which are?
The A CNAME NS

> > Have a look als in zone YOURDOMAIN and look in the _XXX
> > Here you should have also 1 entry per DC.
>
> Everywhere?
Yeah, all _ entries.

But !

As i recall samba_dnsupdate  --verbose should fix this.
So first try with the commands and let samba fix it.

Greetz,

Louis