[Samba] Authentication to Secondary Domain Controller initially fails when PDC is offline

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 10 07:32:09 UTC 2015

> I have been doing some testing with dns and with the internal dns
> server, even if you add another NS to the SOA record, you only have one
> NS. It seems the only way to get each DC to think it is a NS, is to use
> bind9.

Hai

A good to know, some versions of samba, i dont know which do have this problem also if u use bind9_dlz.

So, my question to the readers, if you use samba4 DC with bind9_DLZ and you have 2 or more DC's, check all you zones of you have also the same number of  NS servers.

I know from my install, i had only 1 DC as NS record, i manualy added the second the zones.

Greetz,

Louis