[Samba] Log all successful authentications

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Dec 7 23:58:28 UTC 2015

Am 07.12.2015 um 23:49 schrieb Andrew Martin:
> I am running a Samba 4 AD server on Ubuntu 14.04. Is it possible to log
> whenevever a user successfully logs into a computer or whenever a successful
> LDAP authentication occurs? Ideally this would include both the username and the
> IP address from where the request originated. Is this possible?

consult the manpage for "log level" - while i honestly could puke about
every samba log entry source file and line number cluttering the logs
and hence reduced it to a minimum

nobody but developers care about "../source3/auth/auth.c:305" and hence
that should be logged only in a debug level

log level = 1 auth:2 passdb:2 tdb:1 vfs:1 smb:1 locking:1 sam:1
winbind:1 idmap:1 quota:1 acls:0 msdfs:1 dmapi:1 registry:1
printdrivers:0 lanman:0 rpc_parse:0 rpc_srv:0 rpc_cli:0

[2015/12/08 00:56:03.049763,  2]
../source3/auth/auth.c:305(auth_check_ntlm_password)
   check_ntlm_password:  authentication for user [reindl] -> [reindl] ->
[reindl] succeeded