[Samba] Permission Denied

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 7 19:54:27 UTC 2015

On 07/12/15 19:42, Ole Traupe wrote:

>>> If I do this (rely on the user map file containing "!root =
>>> BPN\Administrator BPN\administrator"), should I expect "id
>>> Administrator" to give anything?
>>>
>>> Ole
>>>

>> Only a Samba AD DC, you will not get anything from 'getent
>> Administrator' on a Unix domain member, but remember, with the user
>> map 'Administrator' becomes 'root' :-)
>
> Yes, and I can manage share permissions via ADUC due to the user mapping.
>
> But on the DCs I still get "No such user" (although I don't have any
> appearent problem).
>
> Ole

Have you changed anything on the DCs ? Are the winbind nss links in
place ? (not sure if this makes any difference, but I always create them)

if I run 'id Administrator', I get:

uid=0(root) gid=100(users)
groups=0(root),100(users),3000004(SAMdom\Group Policy Creator
Owners),3000006(SAMDOM\Enterprise Admins),3000008(SAMDOM\Domain
Admins),3000007(SAMDOM\Schema Admins)

'getent password Administrator' returns:

SAMDOM\Administrator:*:0:100::/home/Administrator:/bin/bash

Rowland