[Samba] Fwd: Functionality of Nmbd at Active Directory mode of Samba4 !

CpServiceSPb . cpservicespb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 10:15:20 UTC 2015

Mathias.
Firstly, Wins is not browsing service as itself, it is one of NetBios name
resolution way, additionally to broadcast.
That it looks like NetBios DNS. :)

Secondly, I know and I can (in myself) use either DNS, NetBios (without
browsing) \\serverName\folder , map to disk, even \\serverIP\\folder.
Nevertheless there are users (many of them can not) , more risk of viruses
(mapping to disk) , lack of possibility to have separate server for it and
other reasons.

But the main thing of my posts was not asking ways to bypass "problem" ,
that is to finding ways of accessing resources without browsing.

The main thing was getting answer how to get browsing within DC with
Samba4, not else.
Or asking dev. team to add/make code working to have fully compliant AD DC
(as Windows one) .

Fill difference. :))

So, if you have to join, you are wellcome. Anyway.

With many good wishes...