[Samba] Fwd: Functionality of Nmbd at Active Directory mode of Samba4 !

CpServiceSPb . cpservicespb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:38:32 UTC 2015

> net:\\server
> Sometimes, you have to read documentation.

Oh, no.
It have to do users, who use Far. :)
I remembered just first camt to my head. :))
And try to explain it of nubers of users.
Especially acconuters...
You as Russians can know it.
I know some other soft where there is no such ability (access by
\\server\folder)
But can not remember it at the time.

> That's simply not true.
> And you could always use 'cd \\server\share' or 'goto:\\server\share\'.

You are not right.
It is _partially_ true.

>> If it is visible - Samba4 with Nmbd, it is here at list ...
But this is true. :))
>> if Samba4 as DC (no Nmbd) , that is no in list
And it is true. :))

> That doesn't make the invisibility of DC in the network neighborhood any
less annoying.
> Not all companies are as "small" as Airbus. Some barely can afford a
standalone
> server, and even that necessity is highly questioned by the
administration.

But I didn' t understand, are you "for" or "against" presenting Nmb
functionality at Samba DC part code ?

So, I offer people to combine ther efforts to make code of Nmb within Saba4
DC together instead of posting messages. :))

P. S.:
> Sorry for my terrible english...
I know a little bit Russian. We can duscuss privately by Russian.