[Samba] Functionality of Nmbd at Active Directory mode of Samba4 !

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sat Dec 5 13:04:56 UTC 2015

>> There is nothing stopping you connecting directly to your shares, or > >>using a domain member as a fileserver
>I agree, but for most of users T talked with, via friendly name
>(NetBios) but not quite long (DNS) is more comfortable.

What do you mean? I have a Samba AD Domain Controller also acting as a file server and I connect to shares using short names, not DNS names. Once I introduce the name of the server in Explorer like \\Server it will show me all the available shares. It won't show in "Network  neighborhood" but WHO CARES?