[Samba] Disable KCC in Samba

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 4 20:42:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 08:51 +0000, Luchko Dmitriy wrote:
> I read about 4.3.0 and we test this version in polygon. In production
> we have more than 80 sites and about 200 domain controllers. In test
> environment we have a lot warning KCC (samba 4.3.), and we suggest in
> production we have the same picture.
>
> Will you make change in KCC for nearest Samba release?

While some improvements have been made after Samba 4.3, the major
development effort on that particular tool has concluded for now.

A good way to improve it would be to add a patch to Samba to fix the
issue, backed with a test and sample database (which is the reason for
the --export-ldif option) that demonstrates the issue.

This is another case where your proposed use of Samba is currently
larger than what we have presently anticipated.  I'm not saying it is
impossible - quite the opposite - just that you may need to work with
us to ensure it works well.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett