[Samba] How to set unix properties from command line

Nico De Ranter nico.deranter at esaturnus.com
Fri Dec 4 11:52:46 UTC 2015

Samba version: 4.1.17

I want to use a Samba AD controller to manage access to both my Windows and
Linux boxes.  I managed to import my old Samba users using pdbedit however
as I want to use the new Samba AD controller to manage access to the Linux
workstations too I want to configure Unix properties on all my accounts.
Unfortunately I cannot find any command-line tool on Linux that will allow
me to easily fill in these properties. I looked at samba-tool and pdbedit
but they seem to be able to change only basic settings.  I know I can do it
through RSAT but I don't want to have to start a Windows vm just to manage
my users.

How can I manage Unix properties for my Samba AD users from the
command-line in Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

--