[Samba] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_PATH writing/deleting files to MAC 0S 10.9.5 server

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Thu Dec 3 19:25:31 UTC 2015

We have a workflow using smbclient that writes a lock directory and lock file in that directory, creates another directory, writes some files, and then deletes the lock file and directory. If we do this one right after another, it eventually (after 5 to 10 tries) gives us back a NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_PATH error. We have created scripts and sent the same workflow to our MAC server and another to a Windows 2012 server, and the windows server has no problems with it. It appears to be a Mac issue since it happens using 3.6.5, 4.0.7, 4.1.17 and 4.1.19. I've scoured the web and can't find an answer. I'm hoping someone has seen a similar issue.

Regards,
Mike