[Samba] GPO templates problem

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Tue Dec 1 17:09:10 UTC 2015

Greetings.

El 01/12/2015 a las 09:12 AM, Viktor Trojanovic escribió:
> On 26.11.2015 00:48, Hector Suarez Planas wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I set up a new Samba 4 AD Server and I have some errors. On the tree
>> 4.1 this errors not appeared and until 4.2.3:
>>
>> - On the RSAT: GPO Management ---> Computer Settings ---> Policies
>> ---> Windows Settings ---> Security Settings, the console gave this
>> error: "Windows cannot load the temnplate", and not show several
>> options.
>> - Another error: "The Server Is Not Operational". I have the DNS
>> configurated correctly and the network connections are right.
>>
>> :-(
>>
> Hi Hector,
>
> If you still need help on this, you should consider posting more
> information, such as your smb.conf, the result of the AD DC
> troubleshooting operations mentioned in the Samba Wiki
> (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_Troubleshooting), and
> also your error logs.
>
> Viktor

Here is:

smb.conf:

[global]
         workgroup = TT
         realm = tt.cu
         netbios name = PDC-MASTER-1
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, smb
         server services = -s3fs +dns
         allow dns updates = secure
         dns forwarder = 172.16.1.2
         dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg +srvsvc
         interfaces = eth0 lo
         template shell = /bin/false
         log file = /var/log/samba/tt.cu.log
         syslog = 0
         log level = 3
         vfs objects = full_audit
         template homedir = /home/users/%ACCOUNTNAME%

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/tt.cu/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

I add a PC with Windows 8.1 to domain. On the attachment I show you the
Administrative Tools.

The Group Policy Management don't show the default options for the
Security Settings of Computer Settings.

The Samba 4 Domain was recently created.

:-(

--
Lic. Hector Suarez Planas