[Samba] dbcheck reporting errors

samba list lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Dec 1 15:27:20 UTC 2015

On 1-12-2015 14:18, Rowland Penny wrote:
> I think it means there is something in your users parameters that is not
> in a UTF8 format, but this is not really a problem because it doesn't
> need to be, so it doesn't do anything. It would probably have been
> better not to print anything to screen or logfile.

So, running a dbcheck --fix changes this:

old, and faulty according to the dbcheck:
> userParameters: bQA6ACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgA
>  kAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIAAgACAAIA

replaced with, after using --fix:
> userParameters:: YgBRAEEANgBBAEMAQQBBAEkAQQBBAGcAQQBDAEEAQQBJ
>  EEASQBBAEEAZwBBAEMAQQBBAEkAQQBBAGcAQQBDAEEAQQBJAEEAQQBnAEEAQ
>  BBAEMAQQBBAEkAQQBCAGsAQQBBAGsAQQBJAEEAQQBnAEEAQwBBAEEASQBBAE
>  AQQBBAGcAQQBDAEEAQQBJAEEAQQBnAEEAQwBBAEEASQBBAEEAZwBBAEMAQQB
>  AEEAQQBJAEEAQQBnAEEAQwBBAEEASQBBAEEAZwBBAEMAQQBBAA==
and obviously it changes whenChanged / uSNChanged.

I have not yet done it on my production domain. Waiting if perhaps
someone else encountered this as well, and knows if the --fix has no
side effects...

MJ