[Samba] lists.samba.org's Mail Servers Are A Bit Wonky?

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Mon Aug 31 19:42:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:27:03 -0400
Sonic <sonicsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I've never experienced a problem sending to the list. Also any
> properly working mail server should have worked as well. If one MX
> server doesn't answer it should try the next one... as long as one is
> up the mail should go through.

Yeah, I know how it's supposed to work, I was just having a massive
synapse lapse.  Part of the problem was a router misconfiguration on my
end, and troubleshooting email delivery problems was not at the top of
my mind--finding the answers to Samba questions was.

Anyway: I've solved it.

(Tho one remaining question is why Postfix is trying to use IPv6
mailing list...)

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is