[Samba] Samba AD PDC , LDAP and Single-Sign-On (was: re: Samba Internal DNS vs. BIND_DLZ)

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Mon Aug 31 19:21:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 23:03:39 -0400
Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> On 08/27/2015 08:45 PM, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:00:28 -0400
> > Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Ah, LDAP is included within Samba, I find.  Don't install provided
> >> one...
[snip]

> > We *require*, not desire, but *require* OpenLDAP.  OpenLDAP is used
> > for, amongst other things, a Corporate email address book and by the
> > RADIUS server.  Eventually the entire set of network directory data
> > that currently resides in and is served by NIS+ will be in LDAP.
>
> This is what runs on your DC.  I suspect you can use slapd to do any
> syncing with OpenLDAP on other machines.
[snip]

I suspect this is not going in the direction I'd envisioned.

The Plan was an AD PDC that used OpenLDAP.  That way: OpenLDAP data,
replicated to the mail server, could be used for sign-on there, too.

Somewhere somebody recently mentioned a single-sign-on doc.  I'll have
to hunt that down and take a look.

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is