[Samba] More on bind_dlz - documentation I have not found

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 28 14:28:53 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 10:22 AM, Ed Byrne wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>>>  make sure samba is running
>>
>> what services.  This is systemd which does not have a real chkconfig
>> --list, but I do get:
>>
>> sernet-samba-ad        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:off 5:on
>> 6:off
>
> This is the one you want.  However, the init script will not start it
> unless you also edit /etc/default/sernet-samba and set
> SAMBA_START_MODE to "ad".
>
> It will also start smbd and nmbd as needed, you don't need to enable
> the other samba services.

# systemctl enable sernet-samba-ad
sernet-samba-ad.service is not a native service, redirecting to
/sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig sernet-samba-ad on
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
    .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
    a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
    D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).

and still no 135...