[Samba] FW: Questions about Samba 4

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 28 12:53:49 UTC 2015

Rowland,

if ChallengeResponseAuthentication is 'yes', and the PAM authentication policy
for sshd includes pam_unix, password authentication will be allowed through
the challenge-response mechanism regardless of the value of PasswordAuthentication.

source.
http://www.unixlore.net/articles/five-minutes-to-more-secure-ssh.html
start reading as of : Details on PAM Authentication

but a good find, maybe Volker can use this info also.

Greetz,

Louis