[Samba] Samba Internal DNS vs. BIND_DLZ

Jim Seymour jseymour at jseymour.com
Fri Aug 28 00:45:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:00:28 -0400
Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> Ah, LDAP is included within Samba, I find.  Don't install provided
> one...
[remainder snipped]

Yikes!

I thought it awfully suspicious that Samba required so few additional
packages and so little "glue work" to get an AD PDC going.  Now I
know why.

We *require*, not desire, but *require* OpenLDAP.  OpenLDAP is used
for, amongst other things, a Corporate email address book and by the
RADIUS server.  Eventually the entire set of network directory data
that currently resides in and is served by NIS+ will be in LDAP.

I'm beginning to suspect this is going to be Not Much Fun :(

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is