[Samba] Samba Internal DNS vs. BIND_DLZ

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:10:27 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 22:00, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Ah, LDAP is included within Samba, I find.  Don't install provided one...
>
> I suppose I will have to find what schemas, particularly if the bind
> dlz schema is included?

ER, you don't actually need to add any extra schemas, it is all built
into samba4 when run as an AD DC, if you are struggling to understand
this, just think a windows AD DC but running on Linux.
The next thing to understand is if you want an AD DC and want to use an
rpm based OS (centos, clearos etc) then you cannot use the distro
packages, at the moment, there aren't any. What you can use are the
packages supplied by Sernet: http://www.samba.plus/home/

This is not a bad thing really, as you get more uptodate versions, 4.2.3
at the moment

Rowland

> On 08/27/2015 04:56 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> OK, how did you provision samba4 as a DC ?
>>> I believe that /var/lib/samba/private is empty until the domain is
>>> provisioned, at which point it should look like this:
>>>
>>> dns          ldapi              randseed.tdb share.ldb
>>> dns.keytab      ldap_priv          sam.ldb          smbd.tmp
>>> dns_update_cache  named.conf          sam.ldb.d spn_update_list
>>> dns_update_list   named.conf.update      schannel_store.tdb tls
>>> hklm.ldb      named.txt          secrets.keytab
>>> idmap.ldb      netlogon_creds_cli.tdb  secrets.ldb