[Samba] Samba Internal DNS vs. BIND_DLZ

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Aug 27 20:41:51 UTC 2015

Am 27.08.2015 um 22:23 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> What's wrong with that?
>
> It says:
>
> include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";
>
> This file does not exist on my sernet 4.2 installation.
>
> In fact, I do not have a /usr/local/samba directory.

Sorry, but we really can't describe all file locations for every distro
or package out there. It would end up in a totally mess. I'm already
unhappy that there are so many distro exceptions on each page meanwhile,
but I will clean that up, somewhen.

We try to keep most things general with the default pathes when you
compile it yourself.

I'm sure, you will find out easily where the file is located via 'find'
or having a look into the package file.

Regards,
Marc