[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 27 14:02:45 UTC 2015

On 08/27/2015 09:55 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.08.2015 um 15:49 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> mDNS?  Even if you are running DHCP which provides the Nameserver
>> address?
>
> different worlds, a DNS needs to be asked, mDNS "Bonjour provides a
> general method to discover services on a local area network" meaning
> your fileserver automatically appears in the Apple Finder to click and
> connect
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_%28software%29

All too familiar with Bonjour.  Know the gang that invented it. Sigh.

So as long as no Apple computers on my network, I SHOULD be ok without
it  :)  Maybe it is a GOOD thing to block!

(I have been anti-Apple since the Lisa marketing campaign!)

Tough my question was more tcp also? Than mDNS yes/no.

take care and thanks