[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 27 13:25:40 UTC 2015

Progress...

On 08/27/2015 08:50 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> After reading this thread.. and ..seeing the comments..
>
> I googled a bit around. and yes.. more then 5 sec..  ;-)
>
> I wonder why almost every "centos/redhat/rpm based" howto removes firewalld with the base iptables service
> now, i'm not "pro" systemd or con systemd, i use it but i set my firewall with ufw,
> which is much more flexable in my opinion.
> I just dont care about how it starts.. as long as it works..
>
> so i found this one..
> http://www.certdepot.net/rhel7-get-started-firewalld/
> looks very nice, it explains all.
> base on that, howto create a "samba4-ad" service with multiple ports in it.
> or better, split it up in to..
> samba4-kerberos
> samba4-smbd
> samba4-nmbd
> etc..

I have looked at the actual /usr/lib/firewalld/services xml files and
find that I should use:

samba kerberos kpasswd dns ldap ldaps

And need to create services for tcp ports 135 (rpc) and 3268 (MS Global
Catalog), or just do those as ports.

Still to be worked out are:

what about ldap and ldaps over udp?  And do I need a rule for port 1024?

thanks