[Samba] Samba AD firewalld services

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Aug 27 11:15:10 UTC 2015

Am 27.08.2015 um 13:06 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On 27/08/15 11:51, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.08.2015 um 12:07 schrieb Rowland Penny:
>>> Well, I don't think I will ever be able to help you with firewalld, it
>>> sounds like it has something to with systemd and I will never use that
>>> abortion, I may have to start using freebsd.
>>
>> can you please stop your systemd-trolling or at least assume something
>> has to do with systemd because it has a 'd' letter in the name without
>> informing?
>>
>> not that i will use firewalld instead my iptables shellscripts but at
>> least i take a look what the things i don't want to use are and why i
>> don't want to use them............
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/
>
> Look mate, I am just stating my preference on the subject, I do not use
> firewalld but understand it comes out of the same stable as systemd,
> namely red-hat, so it is a reasonable assumption to conclude it has
> something to do with systemd

no it is *not* a reasonable conclusion (and there is no reason for
conclusions when 5 seconds Goolge brings facts) and if you take away all
code from Redhat on sevral upstream projects running on your machines
you would miss a lot

> if this is not the case, then for this I
> apologise, but I will not apologise for hating systemd and I will not
> stop saying I will never use systemd.

fine, then don't use it

> Just who do think you are to be telling me what to do ? This is not a
> dictatorship and nobody appointed you the leader!

uhm wh do YOU think you are that you come to the conclusion that
somebody needs to appoint me the leader to allow me asking "can you
please stop"? you noticed the word "please"?!

> I have never told anybody not use systemd, that is their decision, I
> have just said I will never use it myself, if you dont like this, you
> can just lump it .

but there is hardly a reason to repeat that each and every time on a
list which has *nothing* to do with it