[Samba] Meaning of user.DOSATTRIB

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Wed Aug 26 05:55:22 UTC 2015

I have the following attributes for a typical file on my redirected folders
residing on my Samba4 AD/DC:

$ getfattr -d "Newletters/Newsletter 2013-09.docx"
# file: Newletters/Newsletter 2013-09.docx
user.DOSATTRIB=0sMHgyMAAAAwADAAAAEQAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPnD7jBHStABAAAAAAAAAAA=

What do these characters mean? I'm searching for a particular attribute. I have
found nothing searching the web or samba wiki.

(btw - I see that Marco De Vitis asked a similar question on the list back in
2007, but I've seen no response.)

--Mark