[Samba] Resetting default permissions on share

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Tue Aug 25 05:28:15 UTC 2015

Don't know if this helps or not, but if the original permission were correct,
how about just restoring them after re-creating the directory?

I save both ATTRs and ACLs (perhaps the problem is that you're missing attr
settings?)

getfattr -dR /var/lib/samba/sysvol /var/lib/samba/share >/backupATTR.txt

getfacl -R /var/lib/samba/sysvol /var/lib/samba/share > /backupACL.txt

Or, possibly use Windows Explorer > Properties > Security, to set permissions --
which is what I did when initally creating my \\server\share folder.

--Mark