[Samba] cryptovirus protection set in group policies

Mark Foley mfoley at novatec-inc.com
Tue Aug 25 04:38:09 UTC 2015

L.P.H. van Belle,

Your off-handed comment in your message, "nice to know a cryptovirus protection
set in group policies" got my attention!

Where is this in group policies? Our office was smacked with CryptoWall
ransomware a few weeks ago. It got in through a user browsing to a website with
an infected version of Flash. It encrypted her C: drive and most of her attached
X: drive -- which is the office Shared Storage on the NAS.

Tell me more!!

--Mark