[Samba] Questions about Samba 4

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Aug 24 18:55:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 09:21:23AM +0200, Sven Schwedas wrote:

> Depends on your needs. If you don't need samba file/printer sharing
> /from/ the member, I'd recommend using SSSD. It's much more stable and
> reliable than winbindd.

Can't let comments like this pass. sssd does something slightly
different than winbindd, so may or may not be what the person
needs.

winbindd is extremely reliable and fully supported by the Samba
Team, please don't post FUD about Samba components. If you have
winbindd problems, post bug reports not FUD.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.